SRG have available opportunities for a Senior Scientist and a Scientist II (Analytical Development) to join a highly innovative organisation who collaborate with partners to develop and commercialise biologic products and processes.
Job Title: Senior Scientist and Scientist II (Analytical Development)
Location: North East
You will be responsible for characterising in-process and final product biopharmaceuticals such as; proteins, viral vectors, nucleic-acid based products expressed in mammalian, bacterial or cell-free systems.
* Be involved / lead project experimentation to design and verify analytical methods for characterisation of in process and final product biopharmaceuticals.
* Support process technology and perform analytical characterisation of biopharmaceuticals
* Use UPLC/HPLC, sub-particle analysis, ELISA, qPCR, SDS-PAGE, cIEF and Capillary Electrophoresis
* Application of analysis of proteins or other biologics
* Ensure work is to cGMP and maintain documented compliance with HSE
* Documentation writing, data interpretation and statistical analysis
* Must be educated to a BSc, MSc or PhD level in a Scientific/Engineering discipline, have an in depth understanding of developing methods for protein characterisation techniques such as UPLC/HPLC, sub- particle analysis, ELISA, qPCR SDS-PAGE, cIEF and capillary electrophoresis
* Understanding of GMP and requirements for the production and analysis of biopharmaceuticals.
Scientist II: Technical expertise through theory and a good underpinning knowledge, as well as evidence of technical problem solving, can be a PhD or post doc with significant experience in the area.
Senior Scientist: The Senior Scientist must also have experience in supervising/leading technical development projects. In depth technical and theoretical knowledge in at least one area and is viewed as a specialist in this area by peers.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Grace Loughrey at email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Grace on 0161 868 2212.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2159114
- Updated: 24th February 2021
- Expires: 24th March 2021