SRG have available opportunities for a Senior Scientist and a Scientist II (Upstream Process Development) to join a highly innovative organisation who collaborate with partners to develop and commercialise biologic products and processes.
Job Title: Senior Scientist and Scientist II (Upstream Process Development)
Location: North East
You will be contributing to the project work through development, research, design and testing in line with project requirements. You will also be developing an expertise in upstreaming processing of biopharmaceuticals, such as; proteins, viral vectors, nucleic-acid based products expressed in mammalian, bacterial or cell-free systems.
- Be involved / lead project experimentation around production of therapeutic biologics
- Focus on the design, development and scale-down/scale-up of upstream processes
- Mammalian cell culture using reusable or single use bioreactors
- Application of analysis of proteins or other biologics
- Ensure work is to cGMP and maintain documented compliance with HSE
- Documentation writing, data interpretation and statistical analysis
- Scale up of upstream process to provide proof of successful processes development
- cGMP experience in a bio/pharmaceutical manufacturing or R&D setting
- Experience of using Bioreactors for large scale cell culture in an industrial setting with bacterial, mammalian or viral cells.
- Educated to a BSc or an MSc or a PhD level in a Scientific or Engineering related discipline plus a significant amount of industrial experience in a relevant field.
Scientist II: Will understand the principles and practices of upstream science and practical cell culture experience gained in either an academic or industrial environment. You will have experience of the setting up and running of bioreactors, this can be in the form of either a PhD graduate or a post doc with the relevant technical expertise.
Senior Scientist: Experience of leading/supervising technical development projects and familiarity in the use of design of experiment methodologies to inform experimental design. Demonstrates an in depth technical and theoretical knowledge in at least one area and is viewed as a specialist in this area by peers.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Grace Loughrey at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Grace on 0161 868 2212.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2159115
- Posted: 23rd February 2021
- Expires: 23rd March 2021