Do you have industry experience of testing paints or related materials such as coatings, or are you looking for a new role in the chemical manufacturing industry? CK Group are currently recruiting exclusively for an Analytical Chemist to work in their client\'s paint testing department based in Essex/Greater London, working on the forefront of coatings technology. This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis and comes with a salary of circa £25,000 - £30,000, dependant on experience.
This company prides themselves on being able to provide a solution to each customer on a local basis and in a cost effective manner. If successful you will be joining an organisation with a long history of responding to consumers\' needs. They offer a generous range of benefits including 25 days holiday which increases with length of service, pension, life assurance, income protection and more. The QC Chemist role will predominately involve providing analytical chemistry services to both R&D and the customer support teams within the company. The role will also involve supporting paint testing activities to maximise the department efficiency when directed by the Team Leader.
This Analytical Chemist role is based near Ilford which is easily accessible by road from Romford, Enfield, Brentwood, Harlow and surrounding areas by road. Free parking is provided. The ability to drive with car would be preferable but the site may also be reached by public transport.
Analytical Chemist Role:
Responsibilities will include:
- Testing of finished products and understanding problems while selecting and conducting appropriate tests, to interpret results and produce reports.
- Actively develop within the team to ensure analytical and paint performance testing.
- Work closely with team members on both Paint Testing and Analytical projects on a day-to-day basis, and play a role in shaping the successful progress of the lab into the future.
- Help with other work within the department as and when required.
- Train on any computer software as required.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Preferably in-depth knowledge and experience of paint testing, including the methods used, equipment and systems.
- Analytical chemistry degree or equivalent.
- Familiarity with instrumental techniques such as FTIR Spectroscopy, GC, GC-MS.
- Industrial coatings experience.
- Ability to drive with own transport strongly preferred.
For more information or to apply for this Analytical Chemist position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 49953.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 49953
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 23rd February 2021
- Expires: 23rd March 2021