Section Supervisor - Covid-19 testing laboratory Milton Keynes
I am currently recruiting for a Section Supervisor who would be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a section associated with the Covid-19 daily testing samples.
Reporting to the Section Manager you would assume responsibility for managing and training Laboratory Operators. Working closely with the Section Manager and other Section Supervisors the suitable candidate will manage and continue to develop the SARS-CoV-2 RNA testing process to ensure the quality standards of ISO15189:2012 laboratory accreditation.
This will require the post holder to help the Section Manager create and review technical documents/SOPs in line with the above accreditation using the laboratory QMS. You will be required to assist with troubleshooting and helping to ensure the validity and quality of results to the highest standards.
This role will suit an enthusiastic individual, who is a proven team player with experience in molecular biology methods and people management.
Essential criteria needed for the Section Supervisor role include:
1. BSc Honours degree in a biological science
2. Experience of maintaining documents and procedures within laboratory accreditation specifications (ISO15189:2012/ISO17025:2019)
3. Knowledge and experience of Health & Safety regulations
4. Exceptional organisational, communication and team-working skills
5. Experience of training and supervision of staff in a laboratory setting
6. Positive attitude with proven problem-solving skills
7. Willingness to participate in 24/7 shift working as required
8. Be able to commit to the role for a period up until 30th September 21
- Agency: Cpl Life Sciences
- Contact: Josh Mills
- Reference: JO-2102-463222
Website: Cpl Life Sciences
- Posted: 22nd February 2021
- Expires: 22nd March 2021