Scientist - Functional Genomic Screening
Competitive salary & benefits
SRG Cambridge is delighted to be supporting one of our expanding Biotechnology clients with their search for experienced Scientists to join their Functional Genomics screening team. Having developed a next-generation high-throughput screening platform, they continue to successfully identify previously unknown drug sites, allowing these sites to then be targeted with a diverse range of biologic therapeutics. Supporting both in-house and customer projects, you will be responsible for planning, co-ordinating and conducting the functional genomic screening, developing assays and target validation.
* Effectively manage and conduct ongoing pooled functional genomic screens for company & customer projects
* Ongoing development & validation of assays and technologies to support screening
* Provide regular reporting & data updates for all screening work completed, ensuring project milestones are met
* Identify new & innovative cell models, performing the required assay development to ensure the correct screening conditions
* Design and conduct the target validation confirmation to ensure new sites identified can be progressed for successful drug discovery
Ideal candidates will hold a PhD (or equivalent) in a Life Sciences subject, with proven research laboratory experience, gained with industry. Candidates must demonstrate significant molecular biology laboratory skills including both cloning and PCR. Successful candidates must also demonstrate significant laboratory skills in mammalian cell culture. Practical skills in pooled functional genomic screening would be a distinct advantage (CRISPR, GeneTrap). Experience of working with lentivirus or retrovirus tools work and flow cytometry would be very useful. Knowledge and experience of proteostatis would also be desired.
In addition to the essential technical skills, candidates must demonstrate a background of collaboration and effective teamwork. Effective project management, attention to detail and a true passion to develop and learn is critical.
In return, our client can offer a truly collaborative and inspiring culture, with a fantastic opportunity to identify new drug targets, playing a critical role in developing effective therapeutic solutions.
To discuss this position further, please reach out on email or phone - firstname.lastname@example.org / 01223 607853
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2159092
- Posted: 21st February 2021
- Expires: 21st March 2021