An opportunity for an experienced Molecular Biologist to join a leading organisation working at the forefront of molecular diagnostics.
Job Title: Scientist - Infectious Disease Expert
Vacancy type: Permanent
Location: North West
SRG are working with a leading organisation at the forefront of molecular diagnostics who as a result of continuous success, are now looking to recruit multiple people at Scientist level to join their Product Development Department.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Scientist to join a leading global organisation and contribute to the development of new and existing molecular diagnostic applications.
- Leading an assay development project and providing technical expertise in the planning and execution of studies from concept to launch.
- Be an expert on automated platforms, developing and improving assays across infectious disease
- Maintain high quality of documentation compliant to regulatory standards and analysing and planning results.
- Previous experience in processing biological samples, DNA extraction, RT-PCR setup is essential along with experience of working on automated platforms
- Strong academic knowledge of infectious disease
- Strong knowledge of working within a highly regulated environment
- Experienced in leading projects whilst working in teams
- Eligibility to work in the UK
The successful Scientist will be degree qualified (ideally PhD) or equivalent in a scientific discipline and must have appropriate skills together with underpinning knowledge. Previous experience in diagnostics within a GMP/ISO regulated environment would be highly advantageous.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Behruz Sheikh at email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Behruz on 0161 868 2202.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: qPCR, PCR, RTPCR, RT-PCR, Hamilton, QIASymphony, NUCLISENS easyMAG platform, molecular biology, molecular diagnostics, molecular applications, NGS, next generation sequencing, GMP, ISO13485, ISO9001, project manager, DNA extraction, RNA extraction, DNA sequencing
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2159075
- Posted: 19th February 2021
- Expires: 26th February 2021