Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Employment Term: Permanent
Science Graduates encouraged to apply!
SRG are working with a leading Agriculture Organisation that specialise in genetics who are currently looking for 3x Laboratory Technicians to join their team, due to growth within the business. The main purpose of this role is operate flow cytometry sorters, media preparation, and sample assessment, processing and freezing. This is a fantastic opportunity to become a part of a highly successful company who are incredibly passionate about the work they do.
This role will involve shifts - Monday to Friday: 3 shift rota, 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm and 10pm to 6am.
- Operating and maintaining production flow cytometry sorters
- Performing and acting on the different controls during the sorting operation, media preparation and processing of samples
- Identifying any deviations within samples and being able to correct/report to line managers
- Collaborate effectively with the rest of the lab team in sharing knowledge and supporting colleagues to ensure the department maximises production and meets business aims.
- Adhere to Laboratory Health and Safety procedures and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) guidelines.
The ideal candidate should be educated to degree level in Science or the equivalent scientific qualification and should have a demonstrable equivalent experience as follows:
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment (either at University or in industry)
- Knowledge/understating of GLP
- Knowledge or Experience of Glow Cytometry is desirable but not essential
- Candidates must have a driving licence and access to their own car due to the company being in a remote area.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2159044
- Posted: 17th February 2021
- Expires: 17th March 2021