We're currently seeking a LIMS IT Specialist based in and around London to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
Day to day activities in your role as LIMS IT Specialist will include:
- Day-to-day support, management, and maintenance of LIMS
- Proactively preventing information system failures; securing and stabilizing our systems
- Providing outstanding laboratory service (ensuring issues and technical problems are managed quickly and efficiently)
- Analyse, format and present complicated and sensitive data from the laboratory's computing systems as simple and comprehensible information
- Master data creation, review and validation
- Live support of implementations in US O and P locations
- LIMS specialist/key user for the O&P business.
- Training for LIMS
- Troubleshooting for LIMS
- Assist with Lean implementation.
In order to be successful in the role of LIMS IT Specialist you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- IT or Biomedical Sciences degree (or equivalent)
- Experienced in using laboratory (LIMS)/hospital computer systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Knowledge in laboratory or QC processes
- Hands-on experience in laboratory informatics.
- Able to assist in system validation & IQ, OQ and PQ scripting.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to read, interpret, and comply with documents such as internal SOPs, operating and maintenance instructions, and company policies
- Systematic and well organised person
- Analytical thinking and communication skills.
You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: LQM004
- Posted: 16th February 2021
- Expires: 16th March 2021