We're currently seeking a Senior Scientist based in and around London to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
Day to day activities in your role as Senior Scientist will include:
- Lead the development and execution of clinical studies and associated viral / immunological assays.
- Provide scientific expertise and support to members of the R&D laboratory.
- Oversee the analysis and collation of study data.
- Ensure the timely delivery of research projects, updating key stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of scientific publications.
- Contribute to laboratory operational management and business development.
In order to be successful in the role of Senior Scientist you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- PhD / MSc in Life Sciences (Biomedical Science, Biochemistry, Virology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Infectious Disease etc.) or equivalent working experience.
- Experience of assay development across viral and/or immunology techniques e.g. Plaque assay, infectivity assay, neutralization assay,
- Strong written skillset in order to prepare technical scientific reports, documents and presentations.
- Excellent communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Beneficial - Experience working within a GcP/GxP laboratory.
You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: LQM002
- Posted: 16th February 2021
- Expires: 16th March 2021