An internationally renowned chemical manufacturing business is currently recruiting for an R&D Team Leader to join its additive performance team on a permanent basis. Based out of their innovation centre in Oxford, you will play a pivotal role in leading a group of highly qualified Chemists - whilst having the ability to provide concise technical feedback to global customers.
The ideal candidate will possess an excellent academic track record (ideally PhD level qualified), coupled with extensive leadership experience gained in an industrial R&D chemical environment.
R&D Team Leader Responsibilities
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standard of the team
- Line manage and coach a team of highly qualified Chemists.
- Prioritisation of needs from Senior Management to ensure lab support level and equipment are sufficient (EU labs), and deliver against agreed requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with colleagues to ensure that the lab work is delivered on time and to the appropriate standard.
- Interface effectively with internal customers (Sales, Marketing, Technology, etc) and supporting functions where needed (Manufacturing Technology, Product Stewardship & Regulatory Compliance, Law, Procurement)
R&D Team Leader Requirements
- Possess excellent academic track record - ideally PhD level qualification in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or closely related.
- Demonstrate a successful career operating within a commercial R&D laboratory at supervisory/managerial level - coaching and directing technical staff (ideally in both UK & EU).
- Strong commitment to safety and company core values
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and assist in prioritisation of activities.
- Experience in coaching and developing colleagues.
- Effective communication and networking skills
- Appreciation of customer-focused delivery
£45k-£60k + excellent company benefits.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6791
- Posted: 16th February 2021
- Expires: 16th March 2021