CK Group are recruiting for a Research Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical organisation at their research and development facilities located in Slough, on an initial 12-month contract.
Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company whose medicine treats thousands of patients around the world who live with severe diseases.
This role is located on a well-established biopharma R&D facility based in Slough. There are good transport links whether you drive or even use public transport. Slough is a great place to live and work and is easily commutable from Reading, Oxford and London.
Please be advised that occasional travel to Switzerland may be required when possible.
Research Scientist Role:
You will be involved in a range of process development activities across fermentation and primary recovery including process optimisation studies and troubleshooting investigations, evaluation of cellular response to process operations, assessment of effects on product quality, determination of process scalability and tech transfer to GMP facilities.
Your main duties will be to:
- Perform microbial process development experiments for the improvement of existing processes at lab and pilot scale.
- Work independently and as part of a strong team to support the group\'s work.
- Provide traceable records of lab work, experimental design and report writing.
- Aid with reviewing, writing and updating internal procedures and documents.
- A minimum of a BSc/BEng (or equivalent) in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience working in a lab environment, ideally with E.coli cells.
- Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to travel to and work in Bulle (Switzerland) to carry out development work at our manufacturing facility if required.
- Strong communication and team working skills.
For more information or to apply for this Research Scientist position, please contact James Horne at CK Science on 0191 384 8906 or email email@example.com, quoting job reference 49884.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: James Horne
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 49884
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 16th February 2021
- Expires: 16th March 2021