CK Group are recruiting for a Laboratory Administrator on behalf of a well established provider of analytical services, to be based at their site in Bicester on a permanent basis.
Our client is an independently owned provider of GLP compliant analytical services. Established for over 30 years, the organisation employs a small team of highly qualified laboratory personnel, and has a loyal client based. The organisation has plans for significant investment and growth.
Laboratory Administrator Role:
The main purpose of the role is to provide support to a small laboratory team, working under the direction of the operations manager to carry out general administrative tasks.
This position will offer excellent training and career development opportunities, and the change to work across multiple business areas.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Management of reception, answering the phone, handling mail and greeting visitors, providing fire safety information as needed.
- Accepting deliveries including the logging of samples and reagents, handling hazardous substances and ensuring compliance with laboratory logging procedures.
- Acting as the Test Item Control Safety Officer for the purposes of GLP ? this role logs samples, and ensures a record of sample movement from receipt to laboratory to archiving.
- Ensuring that expired material is moved to the appropriate areas and manage hazardous waste collections with the support of the Management Team.
- Placing all orders for the company using approved purchase order systems including laboratory consumables. To negotiate contracts with suppliers over time and source suppliers as needed, carrying out accreditation checks.
- Temperature monitoring for laboratory and water testing for legionnaire?s, checking stock levels, ensuring fire alarm testing is carried out and servicing functions are booked.
- Preparation of laboratory books, support with binding reports and arranging shipping.
- Acting as Company Archivist, managing the archiving of documents and samples including electronic archiving. Arranging the return of documents when due to customers.
- Managing the company SOP and risk assessment systems, issuing documents for review as they become due and assisting with updating and issuing of documents in line with SOPs.
- Continually improving processes, in line with GLP regulations and internal procedures.
To be considered for the position you should have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working in an technical administrative role, handling multiple tasks, with the ability to prioritise.
- Competent in the use of IT systems including MS office (word, excel, outlook etc).
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment, or an environment handling hazardous substances would be highly beneficial for this position.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment such as GLP would be preferred.
- Experience of archiving would be preferred for this position.
The company offer an attractive benefits package, which includes:
- A friendly and welcoming working environment operating in a covid secure manner. The organisation fully supported childcare needs and flexible home working through the pandemic.
- Hours are Monday to Friday ? typically 8.30am to 4.45pm however flexible working is available.
- Holiday: 22 basic days plus bank holidays, plus 2 days extra at Christmas for company closure.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Opportunities for training and development both personal and professional.
- Payment of professional memberships to support development, i.e. RSC.
For more information or to apply for these Laboratory Administrator positions, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0191 3706486 or email@example.com, quoting job ref 49902.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Sarah Farrow
- Phone: 0191 384 8906
- Reference: 49902
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 16th February 2021
- Expires: 16th March 2021