A leading manufacturer of innovative coatings is currently recruiting for a Graduate Research Scientist to join its state-of-the-art R&D facility based in Newhaven. This is an exciting opportunity for a recent chemistry/materials science graduate who is keen to apply their skills into an R&D focused role and work alongside leading scientists. The Graduate Research Scientist role will provide a path to developing a successful career relevant to polymer technology.
Joining an established team of chemists and scientists, you will take responsibility across a range of functions involving research & development, synthesis of composites and testing raw materials.
Graduate Research Scientist responsibilities
- Synthesis of polymers and composite based materials.
- Formulation optimisation.
- Research and development of new and existing formulations - functional coatings.
- Functionalisation of carbon nanotubes by wet chemistry analysis.
- Safe handling of chemicals and up-dating relevant documentation, including COSHH assessments, risk assessments and SOPs.
- CVD deposition.
Graduate Research Scientist requirements
- You must possess a master's degree level qualification in Chemistry or Materials Scientist - MChem/MSci/MSc
- Have studied and take a keen interest in synthetic chemistry/R&D chemistry.
- Ideally has completed an internship or post-graduate experience - working within an industrial R&D environment.
- Dynamic and outgoing personality with a strong desire to success in a commercial research organisation.
- Must possess a self-motivated character with the ability to organise/prioritise you own work.
- Ability to communication across all levels.
- Full UK driving license is required due to location of site.
Salary £22k-£24k + company benefits.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6789
- Updated: 18th February 2021
- Expires: 18th March 2021