A Development Chemist is required to join an international ink company at their facility based in Manchester. As Formulation Chemist you will take a primary focus on the development of UV Curable ink products, whilst having the ability to provide technical support to European customers.
To be considered for the Formulation Chemist opportunity you will hold a Chemistry degree level qualification coupled with relevant formulation experience working with coating/ink products.
Development Chemist Responsibilities
- Providing technical support to both UK based & global customers.
- To complete project goals, tasks within timescales on a variety of short, mid and long-term projects.
- Prepare and test samples as part of new product development.
- Report results to project stakeholders.
- Provide technical support on existing products to UK and international customers.
- Provide technical support to Production and Quality Control Departments.
- Investigate processing and batch issues that arise.
- Maintain relevant technical and safety records pertaining to role.
- Colour matching and testing of samples.
Development Chemist Requirements
- You will possess a degree level qualification in Chemistry (or related subject) and should have a sound knowledge of standard laboratory practices backed-up with strong practical skills.
- Current or recent experience of formulating coating/ink-based products.
- Good knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft Office and proven ability to learn bespoke IT systems quickly.
- SAP knowledge desirable.
- Organised methodical and accurate.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work as part of a larger team or under own initiative.
- High level of communication skills.
In return the company can provide an excellent platform to learn new skills dedicated to formulation chemistry & technical support coupled with a competitive salary package + benefits
Formulation Chemistry/Colour Matching/Chemistry/Technical Support/Coatings/Coatings/Inks
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6785
- Posted: 15th February 2021
- Expires: 15th March 2021