SRG is working on an exclusive partnership with a highly innovative Biopharmaceutical partner. We are looking for a Technical Manager focusing on Downstream Processes due to expansion and an ever increasing project pipeline. The role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to work at the height of innovation on a broad range of different projects.
Job Title: Technical Manager (Downstream Processes)
Vacancy type: Permanent
Area: North East
The role is a critical part of the business, you will be able to provide technical expertise and input into the delivery of exciting, cutting edge projects and act as technical lead in others, including projects of some complexity. You will be seen as an expert in your area of discipline, will have a broad knowledge of downstream processing of biopharmaceuticals such as proteins, viral vectors and nucleic acid based product expressed in a variety of systems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Effective management of the Downstream team's goals and performance, ensuring identification of department goals, providing feedback and motivating individuals in the team to reach their potential.
* Technical leadership of multidisciplinary projects focussed on the development of therapeutic manufacturing processes, with particular expertise and contribution to the development and scale-down/scale up of product purification processes from bench to pilot scale.
* Design and leadership of experiments to develop and optimise recovery and purification processes for the manufacture of novel biopharmaceutical products.
* Development, optimisation, scale-up and characterisation of chromatography-based processing methods (including affinity, IEX, HIC) and tangential flow filtration techniques.
* Educated to a BSc, MSc or PhD level in a Scientific or Engineering related discipline and a relevant number of years industrial experience, managerial experience is desirable.
* Possess significant technical expertise in purification and downstream processing and have compelling evidence of complex technical problem solving and project leading.
Interested? Or know someone who will be?
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you are interested in this role and require more information, please contact Grace Loughrey on 0161 868 2212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2156992
- Posted: 15th February 2021
- Expires: 15th March 2021