Job Title: Shift Analyst
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Contract: 12 Months
Pay Rate: £14.06 an hour (circa £26,000 p.a.) + 35% shift uplift
SRG is working with a global agrochemical company who are seeking experienced analytical chemists to join them at their manufacturing plant in Huddersfield to support the shift-based Quality Control team.
The successful candidates will carry out routine analysis using mainly HPLC, GC, titration, LC-MS and some GC-MS to meet quality, productivity, cost and Health & Safety targets in line with agreed deadlines.
- Perform analytical laboratory testing on manufactured agrochemical products (in-process effluent, raw materials and final product testing).
- Provide first line support for plant analysis such as troubleshooting issues with testing and out of hours investigations.
- Conduct manual handling activities such as tanker sampling as required.
- Available to work 12-hour shift rota (06:00-18:00 and 18:00-06:00), including weekends.
- Educated to HND/degree level in Chemistry or a relevant scientific subject.
- Laboratory experience with a range of analytical techniques such as LC, GC, HPLC and FTIR.
- Understanding of safety, risk assessment and COSHH requirements.
- Ability to prioritise workload and operate autonomously.
- Previous experience of working a shift-based pattern is advantageous.
Apply online today to avoid disappointment. For more information about the role call Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2158363
- Posted: 14th February 2021
- Expires: 14th March 2021