We are currently looking for a Downstream Scientist to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the South East. As the Downstream Scientist you will be a key part of the Production team responsible for the delivery of GMP manufacturing batches.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Downstream Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for the use of DSP equipment, TFF, purification and filtration, required for the manufacture of clinical batches.
2. You will be the equipment owner responsible for the organisation and use of single use manufacturing and pilot scale or large-scale bioprocess equipment. This will include troubleshooting, ensuring equipment is serviced and is maintained in a validated state.
3. As a downstream scientist, it will be your responsibility to collaborate with colleagues of all levels to ensure delivery of a manufacturing plan for optimal performance and attend meetings as needed.
4. It will be necessary for you to write and update SOPs and batch records, as well as carrying out deviations, investigations, RCA and change controls.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or life sciences related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience in GMP manufacturing of biological drug substance is essential to your application.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with downstream processing and purification techniques will be highly advantageous.
Key Words: Biotechnologist | Technologist | Manufacturing | Production | Scientist | GMP | Biopharmaceutical | Biological Drug Substance | ATMP | Cell and Gene Therapy | Cell Culture | Tech Transfer | Viral Vector | Downstream | DSP | Purification | AKTA | TFF | Chromatography | Pilot Scale | Large-scale | Medicinal | Ultrafiltration | Diafiltration | Purification | South East
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Sarah Audit
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5634465
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 12th February 2021
- Expires: 12th March 2021