Development Chemist in Adhesives required, based in North Cheshire. Requiring proven experience in the development of adhesive products, including hot melt, 1K or 2K polyurethanes or similar. Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science or similar essential.
Title: Development Chemist - Adhesives
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: Circa £35,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a global chemical manufacturer who are leaders in several speciality and high performance chemical markets. One of their key markets is the adhesives industry and, with significant growth and investment in this area, they are now looking for a Development Chemist to support their Adhesives R&D and applications team in North Cheshire. The role will involve managing projects to develop new and existing products in polyurethane-based adhesives, along with future market research and provision of customer technical support. It will be a vital role in the company's Adhesives division and would be an excellent opportunity for an experienced, degree-qualified Development Chemist with a strong background in adhesives or polyurethane product development and formulation.
Benefits: A forward thinking business focused on scientific integrity and sustainability, offering an opportunity to really impact the adhesives R&D technical strategy. 27 days holiday, increasing with length of service, plus 8 bank holidays.. 37.5 working hours, 8.30am to 4.30pm (some flex), Monday to Friday. Enhanced pension scheme, private health care, annual bonus, Cycle to Work scheme.
Role / Description
- Leading and managing projects in formulating 1K & 2K polyurethane based adhesives
- Collaborating with synthetic chemists and material scientists to adapt and share information for synthesis of polyol additives and characterisation of end products
- Supporting new product design and process development for product scale up as necessary
- Working closely with the Technical Applications Manager to shape and plan development projects based on market research and customer trends
- Supporting the Technical Applications Manager with market research and wider technical liaison with customers
- Undertaking physical property testing and method development work on adhesives and bonded materials
- Day to responsibility for running the adhesives development laboratory, including scheduling, H&S and lab housekeeping and maintenance
- Conducting sample preparation as needed
- Proven, industry-based experience in the development/formulation of industrial adhesives or similar technology
- Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science or similar
- Experience of chemical, physical and applications testing of adhesive (or similar products)
- Technical knowledge in the fundamentals of polyurethane chemistry preferred
- Strong project management and communication skills, able to confidently liaise with customers and present technical reports
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: adhesive, hot melt, glue, coatings, paint, sealant, binder, 1K, 2K, polyurethane, elastomer, polymer, polyol, reactive, laboratory, development, formulation, chemist, chemistry, product development, R&D, applications, chemistry, polymer science, material science, BSc, MChem, MSc, PhD,
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2158972
- Posted: 12th February 2021
- Expires: 12th March 2021