Job Title: Research Scientist
Location: North East
Employment Term: Permanent
SRG are working with a world leading Molecular Diagnostics Company in the North East who are currently looking for 2 Research Scientists to join their MS&T (Manufacturing, Science & Technology) team. The role will involve supporting technology development and transfer of IVD devices, including sub-components and sub-assemblies.
- Provide technical expertise for R&D activities and process development of microfluidic diagnostic platforms.
- Design, develop and test novel sub-component parts for inclusion into the microfluidic test cassette
- Produce documentation including validation test plans/reports, certificates for components and material/component specifications
- Attend lab, team and project meetings
- Work to the company's QMS and Policies (ISO 13485)
- Liaise between in-house scientists and engineers
- Analysis of incoming components and data collection
- Generate and present complex data to senior management and external partners.
- A degree in a scientific related discipline e.g. Biochemistry
- Experience working within medical device or life science industry
- An strong understanding of in-vitro diagnostics (IVD) process, including process scale up and technology transfer
- Understanding of analytical methods used to support diagnostic manufacture
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis techniques
- Knowledge of record keeping
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2158957
- Posted: 12th February 2021
- Expires: 12th March 2021