Business Development Executive
Do you have sales experience with a scientific background?
Would you like to work for a leading polymer and biopolymer company?
International polymer and specialist chemical company with exports across the globe, are embarking on an aggressive growth strategy, targeting industries and applications new to the group by expanding the commercial team to further drive sales in new areas. In line with this expansion they are looking to hire a new business development executive.
The business development executive activities include, but are not limited to; market research, prospecting, customer communications & meetings, coordinating with the various technical teams to select customer solutions, sample preparation, sales pipeline management and contribute towards the marketing and communications campaigns.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an ability to handle a varied portfolio of products and brands across disparate industries. A full industries briefing and products training; including time spent in the laboratory; will be provided.
We are looking for a proactive individual with a positive hands on attitude who is willing to learn and grow into their role. The role would suit a science graduate with a few year's experience and who is eager to demonstrate 'added value' to an already astute commercial team. New graduates with an exceptional academic history and attitude would also be considered.
- Work with the Business Development Manager and commercial teams to implement a business growth strategy across a wide spread of industries
- Market research, including identifying new prospects and other commercial opportunities
- Assist management of the sales pipelines and reporting progress to the commercial team
- Introducing the company and/or new products to prospects/customers
- Day-to-day communication with prospects/customers and reporting market information to the commercial team
- Extracting pertinent information from prospects/customers and coordinating with our technical teams to ascertain potential solutions
- Contribute towards the marketing strategy to deliver aspects of the online and offline marketing
- Degree in a Science related subject; a Polymer Chemistry background would be beneficial
- Strong research capability
- Excellent communication skills
- Be self-driven and ability to work independently and a team player
- Be able to manage multiple projects and show flexibility to an ever changing environment
- Proven sales and/or customer service track record
- CRM & SAP experience
- High level of Computer literacy
- Marketing experience
- Driving license
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Hollie Corley
- Reference: J2158959
- Updated: 12th February 2021
- Expires: 12th March 2021