A fuel manufacturer has an exciting opportunity to join its team. A newly created role, this position has a dual function supporting both technical procurement and technical legislation. It is a desk based role, but ideally requires someone with technical knowledge of fuel formulation.
Responsible for the execution and coordination of technical procurement - with the focus on Sustainable Fuels - and the management of Sustainable Fuels credit system (e.g., NABISI, HO10). Furthermore, acting as mentor to the wider company to ensure compliance with Sustainable Fuels credits. Actively support commercial- and procurement requests, incl. customer visits and technical procurement initiatives. All this while adhering to HSE guidelines and best practice guidelines and striving to deliver exceptional customer service
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Managing multiple projects from start-to-finish.
- Identify wide range of suitable components (Sustainable and Fossil) independently.
- Assist in creation of component specification, sourcing, testing and approval.
- The independent troubleshooting of arising problems during any step of a project.
- Identify new applications for all kind of Sustainable products using input from customers or marketing.
- Participation in customer and supplier meetings and providing pre- and post-sales customer technical support.
- Define formulation of a wide range of fuel blends fully independently and consistently, using a combination of blend formulation models and empirical blending.
- To provide leadership and mentoring to the wider organisation where required.
- Strong technical knowledge, project skills, communication, and leadership skills
- Imagination and creative approach to problem solving.
- Enthusiasm, communicate and motivate member of staff positively.
- Ability to think laterally, flexibly, and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to take holistic view of the projects assigned and to conduct both cognitive and detailed analysis to identify any critical path.
- Ability to collect, manipulate and analyse data to assist with the formulation of fuels.
- An interest in improving and perfection of systems.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- HSE focussed
Experience / Skills Requirements
- A Degree in Chemical Engineering (or equivalent) is essential.
- Previous fuels experience & knowledge
- Project experience
- Previous technical procurement experience is highly desirable
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6781
- Posted: 12th February 2021
- Expires: 12th March 2021