A growing food manufacturer has an exciting opportunity for a QA Technician to join its team. Your role will be to support the quality assurance team. In particular, to support the company's food safety & quality assurance programme by undertaking activities required to confirm compliance including conducting audits and technical studies. To be considered, you will ideally have previous experience supporting the quality team of another food, or related, industry business.
- Perform internal auditing of factory standards and compliance to Quality Management procedures and policies
- Verification and validation testing according to schedule and taking corrective action where required.
- Support in customer product complaints investigations.
- Record-keeping evidence of QMS compliance
- Managing QMS document review programme and maintenance
- Collating and reporting on compliance and trend data
- Support the administration of the Raw and Packaging Material database including issuing Buying Specifications to suppliers; requesting material technical information from suppliers; preparing information for review, filing and hyper linking to database of approved supplier technical information
- Raising purchase orders
- Continual improvement of technical department electronic and paper filing
- Report all incidents and hazards
- Conform to and develop area safety standards for safe working practices and good housekeeping
- Actively promote H&S awareness and adhere to H&S policies and codes of practice
- Highlight required areas for improvement and liaise with other Department members to allow completion against set timescales.
- Support Company goals by involvement within area improvement teams
- Experience in the food industry ideally quality function
- Desirable to have internal auditing training and experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel) and Adobe
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and maintain accurate records
- Attention to detail
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6779
- Posted: 12th February 2021
- Expires: 12th March 2021