A contract manufacturing organisation is looking for a Site Quality Officer to join its growing team. You will be responsible for supporting the Site Quality Manager to ensure the maintenance of the QMS within the microbiology laboratory.
- Ensure that all SOP's and procedures held by the site are current and that all relevant staff are trained accordingly in current and revised procedures upon re-issue as per the group document control process.
- Maintenance and monitoring of Quality Control Records in conjunction with the Section Head/Laboratory Manager.
- Management of External and Internal Quality Control samples including maintenance of the in-house IQC reference material.
- Monthly record checking for balances, pipettes, pH meters, incubators, waterbaths, fridges and freezers ensuring that records are in place for use on the first day of each calendar month.
- Management of equipment and equipment records ensuring that all items of equipment are correctly recorded, labelled, and are calibrated at the appropriate frequency in accordance with the site calibration/service schedule.
- Management of quality control failures, proficiency testing failures and internal non-compliances in conjunction with the Laboratory Management and as per Group procedures.
- Management of anomalies and complaints in conjunction with the Laboratory Management and as per Group procedures.
- Management, completion and effectiveness checks of all corrective and preventive actions.
- Ensure that training records are maintained and that training record/competency reviews are performed at the appropriate frequency in conjunction with laboratory management.
- Perform both Technical and Quality audits on site and at othersites upon request. Help the Quality Team when hosting customer and regulatory visits/audits.
- To provide the Group Food Microbiology Quality Manager with updates upon request.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A scientific background (degree level) where analytical skills can be used for problem solving solution.
- The ability to work on his/her own and manage projects to tight deadlines with a good understanding of the laboratory methods and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills are also required.
- Good computer literacy skills
- High level of reporting and writing skills
- Organisational skills of multi-tasks and multi-people
- Very high attention to detail and a methodical approach
All levels of experience will be considered. This role is open to a graduate who is keen to start a career within Quality or someone with experience looking for their next career move.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global company. Apply now.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6782
- Posted: 11th February 2021
- Expires: 11th March 2021