Scientist - Chemical Epigenetics
SRG are currently recruiting for a Scientist in Chemical Epigenetics to work with an exciting high-growth biotech, whose technology is set to have a major impact on personalised medicine.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an emerging biotech presenting a very real possibility of life-changing science. This is a rare chance to participate in developing a disruptive technology in one of the most exciting areas of Life Science and to make a substantial impact on Human Health.
Role / Description
You will be spending a significant portion of your time in the lab, where you will design, develop and commercialise ground-breaking epigenetic analysis chemistries in a fast-paced product development environment.
This is a wide ranging role with real potential to have an early impact on the business. Some of the main responsibilities are included below.
* Optimise formulations, methods and workflows in order to achieve commercial levels of performance, stability, robustness and ease-of-use.
* Adapt and optimise existing chemistries for epigenetic analysis of DNA and create improved methods that significantly extend capabilities.
* Identify and source new active chemicals, additives or formulations that enable improved assay performance, stability, robustness or other desirable characteristics.
* Characterise chemicals, reactions, reagents and methods using a variety of analytical tools in order to identify and control critical parameters.
* Test hypotheses and analyse scientific data from a variety of sources, reviewing and refining working hypotheses as appropriate.
* Develop and document lab-scale processes for the formulation and QC of critical reagents to enable scalable manufacturing processes. Support the transfer of new processes and products to manufacturing.
Key Skills & Experience
* PhD in Chemistry/Biochemistry/Molecular Biology/Genetics or similar discipline, with postdoctoral experience.
* A background in chemistry coupled with experience of genetic analysis technologies will be particularly advantageous.
* You will have strong skills in Chemical Biology/Molecular Biology/Biochemistry techniques, experience with NGS/DNA Sequencing/Genetic Analysis Chemistries, and good knowledge of modern analytical methods (eg, HPLC, Mass Spec and NMR).
Other key skills include:
* Experience with NGS/DNA Sequencing/Genetic Analysis Chemistries.
* Strong theoretical and practical chemistry skills, especially as applied to DNA.
* Previous Industrial experience with DNA sequencing technologies or in the chemistry/biotechnology Industry.
* Extensive knowledge of DNA/RNA modifications and chemical methods used to analyse them.
* Experience with the extraction, purification and analysis of cell-free DNA, and experience with single-cell sequencing methods and data analysis.
* Experience of developing life science products or technologies in a commercial environment.
Please contact Marcus to discuss further: 0121726 9711 - firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2158777
- Posted: 11th February 2021
- Expires: 11th March 2021