Life Science Technical Support Specialist
Location: Office based from Sussex
- Are you a Life scientist who is bored with the routine of lab work?
- Are looking for a more challenging role in Life Sciences?
- Do you enjoy a challenge and solving problems?
- Are you an effective communication with firstclass written and oral skills?
- Do you have an interest in supporting researchers make innovative steps in solving the challenges of the Life Science sector and help them develop tomorrow’s medicines?
If so our client may have the role for you working as a Technical Support Specialist to help their global customer base. The organisation have a leading reputation for suppling a range of specialist reagents and biologics to the research communities globally. Joining their technical support team you’ll be providing those researchers with help and support to identify suitable products and material for their research along with helping them get the most out of their assays through technical support of supplied material.
We would be keen to hear from you if you have:
- A degree in a relevant Lie Science discipline
- Can demonstrate a passion for selflearning and development; going above/beyond to better yourself or others
- Have an ability to research challenging problems to come up with innovative and creative solutions
- Ideally 12 years life science lab experience post-university
- Preferably some experience of working in a customer/client centric position
- Fluent in English with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Are actively looking for a scientific role away from routine lab work in a dynamic & challenging technical environment
The role will also involve liaising with external suppliers, sourcing and negotiating the supply of all products and keeping up to date with product availability & pricing. This role will suit an autonomous individual with experience in a customer-focused role, who is well disciplined and can provide the highest standards of professionalism for their customers and colleagues. The ideal candidate must have the ability to keep cool under pressure in order to make sound, measured decisions whilst showing commitment to develop and build long-lasting relationships with customers & suppliers. You will have a good understanding of a range of Life Science laboratory techniques and have good troubleshooting skills along with excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
Looking to relocate for this role?
The site is easily accessible via public transport from the fun and vibrant city of Brighton and surrounding areas major towns and cities.
For additional information please contact Richard Taylor
- Agency: Taylorollinson
- Contact: Richard Taylor
- Posted: 11th February 2021
- Expires: 11th March 2021