CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Scientist to join a biopharmaceutical company on a contract basis for 12 months.
This company is a world leading pharmaceutical company that focuses on neurology and immunology. Their ambition is to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases.
This position will be based on our clients site in Slough.
Senior Scientist Role:
The main purpose of the role will be supporting an early clinical stage oncology project with translational research to increase understanding of drug mechanism of action, its applicability to additional disease indications and identify clinically-relevant biomarkers. This role will involve developing complex human multi-cell type assays which mimic the tumour-stroma interactions in the cancer microenvironment. These assays will be used to investigate the mechanism of action of the drug, its downstream functional effects, synergy with other oncology drugs and to identify gene-expression and proteomic biomarkers of target engagement which are applicable to the clinical trial.
The role will require the use of cell culture, flow cytometry and/or fluorescence imaging, phospho-signalling, gene expression and protein biomarker analysis techniques.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Developing relevant assays for drug mechanism of action and functional investigation.
- Drug combination screening.
- Clinically-relevant biomarker discovery.
- Presenting experimental data at cross-functional meetings.
- Maintaining compliant procedures by completing training modules and maintaining experimental records.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Either PhD or equivalent 4 years post-graduate research experience in cancer cell biology.
- Experience in human cancer cell biology, particularly in investigating interactions between tumour and stromal cells in the cancer microenvironment.
- History of successful development of human tumour cell culture assays.
- Significant expertise in flow cytometry.
- Molecular biology expertise including RT-PCR and RNA isolation for RNA seq analysis.
- Competent in using plate-based assay platforms such as ELISA/MSD for protein biomarker analysis.
- Ideally, experience in culture of primary human tumour cells from patient biopsies.
For more information or to apply for this Senior Scientist position, please contact Jade Stirk on 0191 3848906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job reference 49859.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Jade Stirk
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 49859
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 11th February 2021
- Expires: 11th March 2021