A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Head of Device Development to join a rapidly expanding pharmaceutical business comprising a Contract Development Manufacturing Organisation (CDMO), Product Licensing and Consumer Products Operation. As the Head of Device Development applicant will have a high degree of autonomy in this role and an opportunity to grow in fast moving environment.
This is a remote based position with occasional travel required to the manufacturing facility based in Cheshire.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Head of Device Development will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Head of Device Development you will work with a small, highly skilled team geared towards delivering successful products to the market in the prescription and consumer sectors. You will possess the ability to think creatively and optimise solutions to complex problems in a highly regulated environment. Build an understanding of the key risks in the program and development robust contingency plans to mitigate against them.
2. You will have responsibility for managing the device development process from design through to commercialisation and launch. Working in close collaboration with product development, QA and Regulatory Affairs to ensure robust product development and manufacture.
3. The Head of Device Development role will have responsibility for ensuring that device design and Manufacturing/Assembly processes are conducted in compliance with all applicable regulations. You will work closely with key device manufacturing and assembly partners to launch and build capacity as the product enters new markets. Continuously looking for opportunities to improve existing devices and work with partners to maximise yield and optimise the cost of goods.
4. You will work alongside internal stakeholders, such as the Business Development and Licensing Team, to support the licensing of products or devices and to support partners as products progress through development to commercialisation. In addition to the technical requirements, the appointee will be responsible for budget development, budget management and working to development the long-term goals of the business.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Head of Device Development we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in an Engineering, Manufacturing or Industrial Design related discipline.
2. As the Head of Device Development you will posses significant experience of device design, development and working with tooling and assembly contractors.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with inhalation and respiratory devices is desirable, but not essential. Previous experience working with regulatory bodies, such as the FDA and MHRA is also desirable.
Key Words: Device | Design | Development | Medical Device | Inhalation | Respiratory | Engineering | Pharmaceutical | Healthcare | CDMO | Manufacturing
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Ben Hamlin
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5634455
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 10th February 2021
- Expires: 10th March 2021