An established gin manufacturer is looking to appoint a chemist into its technical laboratory team. As a chemist you will provide technical, analytical support to the QC testing team, carrying out analysis of raw and finished materials. In addition, local management of the QC lab area and equipment, lead voice on technical queries for the site, provide support for product development and distillery lab trials.
To be successful you should hold a chemistry (or closely related) degree, possess previous, commercial laboratory experience of GC, GC-MS, IR, UV and Karl Fischer and possess knowledge of the chemical manufacturing sector/industry.
Chemist Key Responsibilities:
- Testing of raw and finished materials and CoAs, for both Industrial and Distillery businesses.
- Local management of the QC lab area and equipment.
- Lead voice on technical queries for the site.
- Provide support for product development and distillery lab trials.
- Follow the company initiatives for Safety, Health & Environment (SHE).
- Responsible for ensuring the lab area is kept safe and in good order, and the equipment calibrated, maintained, and repaired quickly to minimise impact to the business.
- Be able to troubleshoot, identify faults and carry out basic repairs and improvements on the equipment.
- Be skilled in standard analytical techniques - GC-MS, KF, IR, UV, densiometry, pH measurement - as well as scoping out other applicable techniques to support the business.
Chemist Key Requirements:
- Hold a chemistry (or closely related) degree.
- Possess previous, commercial laboratory experience of GC, GC-MS, IR, UV and Karl Fischer
- Possess knowledge of the chemical manufacturing sector/industry.
- Some knowledge of the FMCG industry would be highly advantageous.
- Thorough understanding of Lab health and safety and COSHH.
- Practical/proactive problem solver and flexible to support a dynamic, customer driven business.
- Tenacious, thorough, determined, energetic and driven with attention to detail.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 + Benefits
If you are a skilled analytical chemist looking for a new challenge, an opportunity to take on additional responsibilities and are keen to work within the FMCG sector then get in touch with Gareth Emmett at Cranleigh Scientific.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6775
- Posted: 10th February 2021
- Expires: 10th March 2021