A market leading manufacturer of specialist coatings and polymer-based products is currently recruiting for a Chemist to join its formulation team based in Alfreton on a permanent basis. Acting as their technical expert, you will play a vital role in the development and formulation of new innovative industrial paint products, that will be distributed to market.
To be successful, you will possess a strong academic record (ideally BSc level) coupled with extensive experience working in an industrial laboratory, formulating, and developing industrial paints.
- Working within an R & D team, development, formulation and testing of paints to ASTM or ISO standards
- Scaling up of formulations for pilot trials and production batches.
- Project management and liaison with production, quality, and commercial departments.
- Provide technical advice and support to customers.
- Ensuring quality of product through testing and analysis of raw materials and finished products.
- Contribute to the development of the product range so that commercial opportunities can be best exploited.
- Provide QC documentation and procedures for raw materials and finished products.
- Liaison with suppliers and sourcing of new materials to meet changes in legislation.
- Possess a strong academic background - ideally educated to BSc level in Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Experience working in a commercial laboratory, formulating, and developing next-generation industrial paints.
- Experience with product development, testing and raw material evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to work well both independently and within a team.
£35k-£40k + company benefits.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6772
- Posted: 9th February 2021
- Expires: 9th March 2021