A market-leading contract testing business is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Manager to join its Microbiology division on a permanent basis, in Trowbridge. As Laboratory Manager, you will play a vital role in managing the laboratory team, providing direction, and ensuring all samples are analysed to a high standard.
Laboratory Manager Responsibilities
- Management of the laboratory team to ensure that all samples are analysed to a high standard by suitably trained staff within a time limit appropriate to the client expectations
- Assist the General Manager in managing all technical and related activities within the laboratory, including but not limited to, client communication, method development and method validation
- Management of all laboratory staff including weekend rotas, holiday, sickness & absence, recruitment, and inductions to ensure the laboratory is adequately skilled and resourced
- Review of results data and approval of results and certificates
- To ensure that all Quality Management protocols are adhered to including IQC, IRM, quality assurance regimes and EQA are performed as per the appropriate schedules
- Ensure that sufficient resources including media, chemicals, reagents, and consumables are available to perform routine testing
- Identify the requirement for and provide technical training in laboratory procedures to staff members. Maintain the training records for all laboratory staff members and ensure they are kept up to date
- Operation and maintenance procedures to ensure that the laboratory environment is maintained in a suitable condition for the test work performed, including appropriate housekeeping procedures
Laboratory Manager Requirements
- Degree level qualification in Biology, Microbiology, or closely related field of study.
- Possess significant supervisory/managerial experience in an industrial UKAS (17025) regulated environment.
- Technically competent in food and water analysis across a range of methodology procedures.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office programs with advanced knowledge of the operation of LIMS
- Good organisational skills, ability to work on own initiative and priorities workload
- Ability to inspire and motivate a team
- A flexible approach and the desire to achieve continuous improvement
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 671311
- Posted: 9th February 2021
- Expires: 9th March 2021