CK Group are currently recruiting for a Research Scientist to join a dedicated team of scientists providing an outsourced service to the in vitro biology function of the drug discovery unit within a multinational pharmaceutical company based in Hertfordshire. This role is at the client\'s custom built facility which houses R&D, Clinical and Manufacturing business units under one roof and is commutable from London, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire. The role is offered on a fixed term contract basis until April 2022 with a competitive salary and other benefits. This contract will likely be extended.
Our client has more than 11,000 people worldwide with operations in the U.S., Asia, Europe & Japan and is one of the world\'s leading research-based pharmaceutical companies. They define their corporate mission as \"giving first thought to patients and their families, and to increasing the benefits health care provides\".
Research Scientist Role:
As a Research Scientist you will be working within the biology function focusing on the development and utilisation of complex cell-based assays for drug identification and pharmacological profiling. You will be working across multiple drug discovery projects, both internally and in collaboration with external groups from academia and industry, from very early phase drug discovery through to the clinic. As such, knowledge and experience of cell maintenance, assay development, compound profiling and results presentation, are essential.
Other duties will include:
- Designing/carrying out experiments and independently interpreting/presenting data to drive drug development progression.
- Developing and validating new cell based assays systems and analytical approaches using human derived cells.
- Presenting concepts, facts and approaches to internal parties to advise of key outcomes.
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A BSc or MSc in Biological/Biochemistry or related discipline.
- Relevant lab-based experience, preferably within the pharmaceutical drug discovery.
- Excellent hands-on working knowledge of a wide range of in vitro biochemical and cellular techniques.
- Strong knowledge and experience of assay development and experience of defining compound profiles using in vitro systems.
- The ability to design, schedule, execute and interpret experiments using complex biological systems (e.g. native tissue, cell culture, screening technologies).
- The ability to troubleshoot systems and processes.
- The desire to work in early phase drug discovery.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Hannah on 01246 457711 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 49831.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Hannah Oakley
- Phone: 01438870022
- Reference: 49831
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 8th February 2021
- Expires: 8th March 2021