Thermodynamics Physics Expert - Biotechnology - Cambridge
A start-up biotechnology company in Cambridge are looking for a thermodynamics physicist to lead the development of their brand-new technology.
Because of the nature of the work and the culture of the business we are looking for people who love solving complex engineering problems and who have a passion for life-improving technology.
As the physics and thermodynamics subject matter expert you will be using your expertise to develop solutions for thermal, optical and electrical elements of the instrument.
This will include;
- Improving the performance and solving complex problems by application of physical principles
- The development of both analytical and computational models in COMSOL.
- The design and execution of experiments to verify the data analysis and results of models
- You will be working closely with the manufacturing team to inform process development and manufacturing tolerances as the company scales-up production
- You will collaborate with the biology team to enable next-generation variants of the company's technology as it is applied to broader applications and used in more challenging environments.
To be considered for this exciting new role we are looking for a physics expert who has experience with thermodynamics, optical development, and electrical systems. You will ideally have COMSOL experience as well as biotechnology instrument knowledge.
You will be joining a small team as a scientific lead. As the company grows, this is a great opportunity for you to move into a more senior role.
The company are offering excellent base salaries with a comprehensive benefits package that includes share options and performance bonus.
For more information, please call Matthew Lowdon of Newton Colmore Consulting on 0044 121 268 2240 or make an application and one of our team will be in touch.
Newton Colmore Consulting is a highly specialist recruitment consultancy operating within the medical devices, Scientific Engineering, Scientific Software, Robotics, Science, Electronics Design, New Product Design, Human Factors, Regulatory Affairs, Quality Assurance and Field Service Engineering sectors throughout Europe and the US.
Key words: Experimental Physicist, Physics, Engineering Physics, Thermodynamics, Optics, Biotechnology, Life Science Instrumentation.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Newton Colmore Consulting
- Reference: 1115-TW-667429
Website: Newton Colmore Consulting
- Posted: 8th February 2021
- Expires: 8th March 2021