Job Title: QC Analyst
Employment Term: Permanent
Salary: £10.47 - £12.51 per hour (+ shift allowance)
SRG are working with a leading supplier of FMCG products who specialise in the production of Personal care, cosmetic and pharmaceutical products. They are currently looking for a QC to join their Pharmaceutical QC team in analysing liquid bulk and finished products. Set in an Idyllic surroundings, this position offers the opportunity to join a leading company who are have high values and an incredibly supportive culture.
In this role you will be required to work on a 3 shift rotation of 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am. Rotation will be on a weekly basis and shift allowance will be provided.
- To test bulk liquid, raw materials and finished products using HPLC in accordance with specifications and laboratory methods
- Carrying out other QC tests including GC, FTIR and titrations
- Interpret and collate analytical data into reports for customers
- Liaise with Technical and Manufacturing Departments if products are out of specification
- Calibrate test equipment in accordance with defined procedures and schedules
- To maintain correct standards of health and safety in accordance with Company Policy and to ensure PPE is used correctly.
- To keep the laboratory clean and tidy in accordance with GMP and laboratory practices.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or a related scientific field
- Minimum 1 year experience carrying out HPLC in a GMP environment
- Experience working within a pharmaceutical or nutraceutical industry is very advantageous
- Some practical knowledge and experience of a variety of analytical equipment including Auto Titrator, Moisture Analyser, Fluorimeter, UV and Infra-Red Spectrometers.
- Experienced analysts will also need knowledge of GC and HPLC.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong planning skills and the ability to priories workloads
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies
Key words: quality, quality control, HPLC, High Performance Liquid Chromatography, GC, GC-MS, Gas Chromatography, analysis, analytical, titrations, FTIR, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, raw materials, finished products, bulk testing.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2158863
- Posted: 4th February 2021
- Expires: 4th March 2021