We are currently looking for a Pilot Plant Operator to join a growing chemical biotechnology company based in the Greater Manchester area. As the Pilot Plant Operator you will be responsible for the running the operations of the pilot plant.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Pilot Plant Operator will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Managing and running a pilot scale fermentation pilot plant with fermenters or bioreactors of up to 100s of litres.
2. Running downstream processing operations including separation such as gravity and phase. Also using extraction and de-emulsification.
3. As a pilot plant operator, you will aid the process development for supply chain functions of raw materials.
4. Organising daily operations which could be batch, fed- batch or continuous modes for micro-organisms.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Pilot Plant Operator we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a biotechnology, bioprocessing, microbiology, bioengineering etc...
2. Proven industry experience in pilot or commercial scale fermentation with 100L plus size fermentors.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with food, brewing or microbiology based fermentation and project management.
Key Words: fermentation / greater manchester / north west / production technician / lab technician / laboratory technician / bioreactor / microbiology / micro-organisms / aseptic techniques / food / brewing / QC analysis / downstream / dsp / usp / upstream / biotechnology / pilot / commercial scale / operations
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Sarah Audit
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5634184
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 3rd February 2021
- Expires: 3rd March 2021