We're currently seeking Senior Scientists based in and around Liverpool to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
If of interest and you meet the criteria of the below, please apply today.
Day to day activities in your role as Senior Scientist will include:
- To assist in the provision of a COVID-19 testing service
- To maintain the highest possible standards of scientific work appropriate for a comprehensive, efficient and cost effective COVID-19 testing service
- To be aware of current and developments in professional standards and national policies that pertain to the delivery of COVID-19 testing services
- To assist when required in scientific development, evaluation, audit and research both within the speciality and with clinicians and scientists in the wider organisation
- To manage junior staff
In order to be successful in the role of our Senior Scientist you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- MSc in Biomedical Science / Medical Microbiology / Virology or equivalent
- Relevant IBMS Specialist Diploma(s) or equivalent specialist laboratory experience
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Experience of working at a senior level
- Supervisory & training experience
- Good grasp of Health & Safety issues, COSHH, ISO & quality issues
- Full awareness & appreciation of service specific knowledge base
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job such as assembling, operating and maintaining clinical equipment.
- Able to apply and sustain mental effort required to carry out detailed work requiring high levels of concentration, multi-tasking and supporting other team members.
You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: RDG001
- Updated: 26th February 2021
- Expires: 26th March 2021