A biotechnology company is looking for a Fermentation Specialist to join its growing team. You will be responsible for process optimisation, programming and troubleshooting microbial fermentations within an industrial environment. You must hold a BSc in Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline and have extensive experience of fermentation processes in a commercial environment to apply for this role.
- Provide technical support for all scientific principles relating to fermentation of microbial strains for recombinant protein production
- Provide technical support in all practical/process engineering aspects of fermentation of microbial strains for recombinant protein production (e.g. scale up/down principles, feeding strategies, oxygen delivery including use of kLa/OTR)
- Writing software programmes for lab and pilot scale fermenters
- Technically lead projects dedicated to fermentation optimisation and continuous improvement
- Technical transfer of processes
- Troubleshooting fermentation issues during optimisation, scale-up and in manufacturing mode
- Support development and improvement of downstream processing protocols for recombinant (fermented) enzymes
- Interpreting data and reporting results, verbally and in writing, in an effective manner and in agreed timeline
- Laboratory housekeeping
- Working flexibly for accommodating 'out of hours' business needs
- Be conversant with and adopt the procedures stated in the Quality & Environmental Management System and its supporting documents
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Biology/Biochemistry/Microbiology or equivalent
- Microbiology including microbial physiology and fermentation Principles of industrial fermentations to maximise space-time-yields Protein science Design of Experiment Food safety, HACCP and GMP Environmental, health and safety
- Practical experience relating to fermentation processes, process optimisation, programming and troubleshooting microbial fermentations within an industrial environment.
- You will have an appreciation on the practical aspects of enzymology, protein chemistry, downstream processing of recombinant proteins, Design of Experiments and technical transfer.
- Principles of industrial fermentations to maximise space-time-yields Protein science Design of Experiment Food safety, HACCP and GMP Environmental, health and safety
- You will have a questioning, analytical and enthusiastic approach to your work, be a strong communicator with a 'can-do' attitude
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6765
- Posted: 1st February 2021
- Expires: 1st March 2021