Our client is a well-established organisation based in the Essex area and is currently recruiting an experienced Senior Scientist to work within their process development department.
The Main duties and responsibilities:
- To develop, validate and implement analytical methods in support of new and existing manufacturing processes including their wastes, and product registration.
- To provide a problem solving, troubleshooting and non-routine analytical service for new and existing manufacturing processes, liaising closely with Quality Control and Technical Support personnel.
- The jobholder is expected to have technical expertise in spectroscopy and chromatography
- To provide technical appraisal of ideas, process improvements, process safety & environmental studies, equipment and new suppliers of chemicals, undertaking process/plant trials to produce measurable improvement proposals.
Knowledge & Qualifications
A post graduate degree, MSC or PhD in Chemistry or related subject
A good working knowledge of laboratory procedures
Health & Safety Knowledge in relation to science laboratories
Possess significant relevant experience in IR, FTIR, techniques including operation and maintenance of instrumentation.
Skills & Competencies
Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
Good organisational skills and ability to plan ahead
Capability to work as an individual or as a team member
Ability to make and maintain accurate records
Possess a reasonable level of IT skills
Ability to work on own initiative
Good analytical and problem solving skills
Only candidates with work authorisation will be considered
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737 241823
- Reference: NET14
Website: ST Recruitment
- Posted: 14th January 2021
- Expires: 11th February 2021