Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking a Lab Operations Manager based in and around Milton Keynes to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
If of interest and you meet the criteria of the below, please apply via the following link - https://bit.ly/34DZEaT.
As Lab Operations Manager, you will provide the laboratory with an individual experienced in laboratory operations, who is a proven team leader, to manage the personnel and processes in the laboratories. Reporting to the Head of Laboratory Operations, they will ensure that lab processes are carried out safely, efficiently and to the quality standards required of ISO15189:2012 laboratory accreditation. They will have line management responsibility for senior laboratory technicians.
- Day to day activities in your role as a Lab Operations Manager will include:
- Deputise for the Head of Laboratory Operations as required.
- Provide technical expertise to the laboratory operation.
- With the assistance of senior laboratory technicians, manage staff in the laboratories.
- Responsibility for the management, training and development of all laboratory staff.
- Accountable for overseeing the effective management and assessment of training and ongoing competency assessments of the laboratory staff in line with the organisation's procedures.
- Create and review technical documents and SOPs compliant with the ISO15189:2012 standard using the laboratory QMS.
- Assist management in ensuring that compliance with organisational quality standards and H&S requirements are maintained.
- Pursue a programme of continuous professional development in accordance with any relevant professional registration.
- Deputises for the Head of Laboratory Operations in their absence.
In order to be successful in the role of our Lab Operations Manager, you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- BSc Honours degree in a biological science.
- Evidence of ability to troubleshoot issues and carry out appropriate corrective actions/investigations.
- Experience of maintaining documents and procedures within laboratory accreditation specifications (ISO15189:2012).
- Proven experience of managing people and dealing with employee relation issues effectively.
- Experience of training and supervising staff in a laboratory setting.
- Ability to deliver and record training in accordance with the organisation's procedures.
- Evidence of excellent communication and extensive team-working skills.
- Evidence of excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills
You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today via https://bit.ly/34DZEaT.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: MTK0001
- Posted: 14th January 2021
- Expires: 11th February 2021