A pharmaceutical company is looking for a QC Microbiologist to join their microbiology department. You will be responsible for microbiological testing of DI water, raw materials, bulk and finished products and carry out environmental testing within the business. You will also support the QC laboratory technicians within the chemistry laboratory in carrying out physical testing of bulk and finished products. You must hold a BSc in a life science, and have experience working within a GMP environment to apply for this role. The hours of work for this role are 06:00 am - 14:15 pm Monday - Friday.
Working Hours - 05:45 am - 14:00 pm Monday - Friday
- Conduct microbiological testing of DI water, raw materials, bulk and finished products in compliance with appropriate Standard Operating Procedures and Laboratory Methods.
- Carry out environmental testing in compliance with appropriate Standard Operating Procedures and Laboratory Methods.
- Participate in the validation of cleaning procedures and other methods as required.
- Conduct physical testing of bulk and finished products in compliance with appropriate Standard Operating Procedures and Laboratory Methods.
- Ensure all samples tested are controlled and retained in accordance with appropriate Standard Operating Procedures.
- Raise non-conformances for any raw materials, bulks and finished goods that do not meet specification in accordance with SOP.
- Assist in the control and maintenance of all laboratory standards in accordance with the relevant SOP or customerregulatory requirement.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of databases relevant to all tests performed.
- Assist in the resolution of technical and quality issues.
- Operate requisite laboratory equipment and instruments; record data; maintain and make minor adjustments to equipment.
- Prepare, clean and maintain laboratory equipment, glassware and instruments used in testing.
- Report any equipment failures to the Quality Manager for resolution.
- Maintain high standards of GLP and GMP at all times in the laboratory and other accountable areas.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties at the request of the Quality Manager.
- Degree in a science based subject, ideally Biology or Microbiology - essential
- Good understanding of microbiological testing techniques gained through practical experience - essential
- Good understanding of environmental testing gained through practical experience - desired
- Experience of validation of test methods, cleaning procedures and production processes - desired
- Experience of physical and chemical testing techniques - desired
- Experience of working within a GLP and GMP environment - desired
- Flexibility - ability to react and respond positively to changes in priority and workload
- Ability to use computerised information systems to input, retrieve and update all relevant data
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft PowerPoint
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team. Apply now.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6737
- Posted: 13th January 2021
- Expires: 10th February 2021