Organic Chemist required, based in North Cheshire. Minimum BSc in Chemistry essential, with proven industrial experience of chemical synthesis and conducting reactions to produce organic compounds.
Title: Organic Chemist
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a company who lead the way in organic synthesis, research and manufacturing of fine chemical. Looking to expand their current team in North Cheshire, they are now hiring for an Organic Synthetic Chemist who will support a range of synthesis projects; conducting reactions, purification and analysis, as well as process optimisation, to produce new and known compounds. This role would be a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Chemist who has some post-university, industrial experience of organic chemical synthesis - qualifications from BSc up to PhD are welcome.
Benefits: Excellent opportunity to join a fast-paced business and be involved in multiple projects across various areas of organic chemistry. Full training provided, 38.75 working hours/week, 7.30am to 4.00pm or 8.45am to 5.15pm, Mon-Fri. Workplace pension, discretionary performance-related bonus, and 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays. Overtime available at weekend at enhanced rate.
Role / Description
- Producing new and known compounds using a variety of organic synthetic chemistry techniques and modifications (gram to kilo, single to multi-step)
- Supporting synthetic process optimisation (to improve yield, purity, energy input) to produce high quality custom molecules and compounds for customers
- Undertaking purification of compounds to improve product purity
- Supporting scale up projects from lab to pilot and plant scale manufacture
- Conducting analysis including NMR, GC, HPLC, FTIR, MS, column chromatography, etc. to characterise intermediates and finished compounds
- Keeping detailed records of work, interpreting lab results and communicating with other chemists to share project progress
- BSc, MChem, MSc or PhD in Chemistry (or closely related discipline)
- Experience of organic chemical synthesis and conducting reactions in an industrial environment or working laboratory (industrial placements will be considered)
- Experience of analytical methods including one or more from NMR, GC, HPLC, FTIR or MS
- Adaptable, able to multi-task and flex to changing priorities
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: organic synthesis, organic chemistry, synthetic route, design, R&D, research & development, novel compounds, custom synthesis, catalogue synthesis, fine chemicals, active compounds, chemist, research chemist, reaction, scale up, med-chem, medicinal chemistry, intermediates, drug development, drug discovery, CRO, BSc, MSc, MChem, PhD
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2158031
- Posted: 13th January 2021
- Expires: 10th February 2021