CK Group are recruiting for a Shift Laboratory Supervisor to join rapidly growing research and development company at their site based in Stirling on a permanent basis.
Our client is offering an opportunity to be involved in transforming In Vitro Diagnostic testing and providing next generation of healthcare. Due to continued growth of our client\'s business they are looking for proactive, experience and enthusiastic individuals who can help make a significant contribution to the continued success of the business.
This role is located at their state of the art facility based in Stirling. There are good transport links and the site is easily accessible from the M9. Stirling is a desirable place to live and work and is easily commutable from Glasgow, Edinburgh or Dundee.
Shift Laboratory Supervisor role:
You will work within a reagent manufacturing department and be responsible for ensuring delivery of consistently high quality reagents to Production through the management of day to day activities and performance of the Shift Team as well as the validation and implementation of new processes and test methods into the department.
Your main duties will be:
- Plan and schedule all resources for reagent manufacture and testing to ensure supply of reagent materials in line with strip production requirements on the shift.
- Provide \'voice of customer\' input and work in conjunction with R&D to drive transfer of scalable, robust processes and test methods into manufacture which will meet all reagent and strip production needs.
- Facilitate purchase of suitable equipment for the manufacture and testing of reagents including the creation of related documentation, service contracts and validation activities required for use.
- Ensure timely upload of real time material and labour data into ERP system
- Support FMEA and H&S risk assessment activity, to ensure all risks to product and people associated with reagent manufacture are sufficiently mitigated/controlled.
- Ensure the reagent manufacturing processes and associated testing on shift are carried out safely and efficiently.
- Provide input to validation plans for equipment, processes and test methods for the department.
- Design, execute and analyse appropriate experiments for assessing and improving batch to batch performance and reagent manufacturing operations in general.
- Coordinate creation and appropriate review of Manufacturing SOPs, WIs and batch records
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Degree qualified in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Line management experience.
- Experience of validation activities and operating within a GLP manufacturing laboratory environment.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of high volume, commercial immunoassay manufacture and testing.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts to support 24/7 manufacture.
- Experience of working with particle-based immunoassays and knowledge of the particle functionalisation chemistries.
- Working knowledge of electrochemical, fluorescent and particle analysis methods (including Flow Cytometry and Dynamic Light Scattering).
- Experience of working in the medical device sector.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Qualification.
For more information or to apply for this Shift Laboratory Supervisor role, please contact Graeme Pallas on 0191 384 8906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job ref 49580.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Graeme Pallas
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 49584
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 12th January 2021
- Expires: 9th February 2021