A world-leading speciality chemical business based locally to Haverhill is currently recruiting for a QC Analyst to join its manufacturing process team on a permanent basis. As QC Analyst, you will be responsible for analysing samples throughout the manufacturing process (HPLC/GC), equipment maintenance and providing technical feedback to cross-functional teams. This role will suit a qualified chemist with experience working with analytical equipment in a commercial laboratory environment.
QC Analyst Responsibilities:
- Structured scheduled maintenance of Agilent GC, HPLC and GPC systems.
- Prepare samples and conduct reliable data to support all departments and present information to senior colleagues.
- Conduct searches on identified topics relevant to the department and research and development team.
- Assemble, maintain, and operate standard laboratory equipment.
- Keep equipment in a clean, serviceable condition and ensure the safe removal of waste
- Providing cover in the QC lab for staff holidays/sickness and during busy periods.
- Providing analytical support to the Analytical Chemist (GC, HPLC, GPC analysis, titrations and other specialist tests) as required.
QC Analyst Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Degree qualification in Chemistry or related subject
- Practical experience working within a commercial laboratory practicing analysis of raw samples using HPLC, GC, Karl Fisher and UV-Vis equipment.
- An awareness of chemical hazardous classes.
- Familiarity with working towards a production schedule in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- A proactive work ethic.
- Flexible, reliable, methodical, and well organised.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good IT Skills (Word, Excel, able to use PC driven instrumentation).
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6738
- Posted: 12th January 2021
- Expires: 9th February 2021