We have an exciting opportunity available for a Principal Scientist in Neuroscience to join a specialist Life Sciences company based in the Edinburgh area.
This is a key role within the business, and as the Principal Scientist - Neuroscience you will contribute to the scientific direction of the company as the neuroscience team continues to grow.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Principal Scientist - Neuroscience will cover three key areas - Project Management, R&D and Business Development. An overview of the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Primary point of contact for the neuroscience team, providing scientific oversight, guidance, project planning and resource management. You will line manage a team of experienced scientists.
2. Taking a lead role in facilitating the optimisation of new assays, based on client demand and analysis of the competitive landscape. Where appropriate, providing training to others in the team. Investigating new technologies, desired skill sets include experience with iPSCs, glial and neuronal cell culture.
3. Actively interrogating scientific literature to understand relevant technical protocols and advances as necessary for driving forward bespoke client projects. Ensuring accurate record keeping of all experimental work in the team, from initial protocol development, accurate lab notes, through to write up of results and report production, archiving. Implementing quality control steps to ensure projects are conducted and delivered according to the standards expected, developing new or updating SOPs.
4. You will be the key point of contact for ongoing client relationships as well as taking an active role in nurturing new client relationships.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Principal Scientist - Neuroscience we are looking to identify the following on your CV profile:
1. Relevant degree (PhD preferred) in a life sciences or biologics focussed discipline, plus significant post graduate / post doctoral experience gained working in a CRO / Biotech / Pharma setting. This experience must include sound understanding of the field of neuroscience, including experience with a wide range of cells types and assays - iPSCs, glial cells and neuronal cell culture.
2. This is a fast paced, client facing role, and similar experience gained within a biotech, pharma or CRO business would be preferred.
3. You will be managing a small team of experienced scientists, and you will be expected to demonstrate some similar experience.
Key Words: Principal Scientist | Neuroscience | CRO | Pharmaceutical | Biotechnology | Contract Research
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5634280
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 11th January 2021
- Expires: 8th February 2021