An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Material /Polymer Scientist to work within a global materials technology organisation, based in the Hampshire area.
The nature of this position is diverse in that it requires laboratory skills as well as materials knowledge and process engineering skills. A good understanding of current industry practices and procedures is required and a thorough understanding of lab equipment capabilities is mandatory. Reporting and tracking of project timelines and schedule is required along with ability to develop experimental designs and conduct data analysis using statistical methods.
- Review training and skill level of lab personnel and provide feedback to management.
- Help plan, conduct, and supervise R & D projects.
- Assist the Technical Director in preparation of interim project reports as well as monthly summary reports.
- Interact with customers to provide assistance in determining root cause of issues related to products.
- Interact with marketing managers
- Assist with production, as necessary, to review product formulations and materials; make any necessary changes and rewrite product specifications of current products when necessary.
- Assist in drafting new product specifications, as necessary.
- Interact with suppliers to determine suitability of products, and determine feasibility of potential new products.
- Follow all applicable ISO 9001 procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance with the documented Quality System. .
The ideal candidate will be qualified to BSc level in a Material / Polymer Chemistry or related discipline with at least 3-5 years industrial experience in coating, acrylic, plastics, adhesives or waxes and a proven track record in product development.
The candidate will demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to work individually under own initiative.
Skills: R &D, Process Improvement, Colloidal Silica, Wax, Binder, Water soluble wax, Polymers, Process Control and Customer Service
Only candidates living in the UK with EU work authorisation will be considered.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737 241823
- Reference: BPH20
Website: ST Recruitment
- Posted: 11th January 2021
- Expires: 8th February 2021