A manufacturer of nutritional health products for the veterinary industry is looking for a Senior Product Development Scientist to join its growing R&D team. Reporting to the Head of Research and Development, the successful candidate will play a key role in designing and developing new products, as well as existing product improvements. You must have a minimum 2 years product development experience in the Veterinary, Nutraceutical or Pharmaceutical industry, and a science based degree to apply for this role.
Key Responsibilities -
- Identifying new products, this will include; researching products and ingredients, liaising with suppliers, and obtaining samples.
- Improvement of existing products, including troubleshooting any issues and working with different departments to gain in-put.
- Conduct laboratory and production sized trials of new formulations and ensure that the Head of R&D is kept fully aware of progress.
- Source and prepare technical documentation in accordance with current procedures and systems.
- Identify opportunities and conduct field research to remain up-to-date with products available on the market and new product launches.
- Attend trade shows and implement new ideas that lead product innovation.
- Build and maintain excellent working knowledge of any new technologies and industry standards.
- Build relationships with Key Opinion Leaders in the areas required to ensure successful product development.
- Previous product development experience within the Veterinary, Nutraceutical or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Science based degree
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for continuous learning.
- Flexible working attitude.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a wider team.
- Good IT skills - most notably working experience of MS Office.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing company. Appy now.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6698
- Posted: 11th January 2021
- Expires: 8th February 2021