Formulation Chemist required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring experience within formulation science (oils & lubricants experience highly desirable) and a degree within a scientific discipline.
Title: Formulation Chemist
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £25,000-£35,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with a leading manufacturer of speciality chemicals used predominantly in the industrial fluid and lubricants industries. With a global presence and a portfolio of growing products, they are now looking to hire a Formulation Chemist to join their applications team in Greater Manchester. This is an exciting time for them, with the successful candidate supporting in the development of a new range of products. A range of backgrounds can be considered including experience of formulation within oils, coatings, paints, lubricants, emulsions and other formulations.
Benefits: You will join a leading manufacturer of speciality chemicals with a portfolio of growing products at an exciting time for the business. Travel in the UK and abroad to provide support to customers. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and performance related bonus.
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday 8:30am-4:30pm (with flexibility)
- Formulation work to incorporate new ingredients and evaluate performance
- Lead and support projects and activities for new and existing product formulation developments
- Provide technical support for formulation product technical enquiries from customers and commercial team
- Assist in identifying the commercial potential of new applications
- Liaise with other departments such as marketing, production and business development managers
- Educated to degree level within a scientific discipline
- Proven industrial experience of formulating products (oils and lubricants experience highly desirable)
- Proactive problem solver
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Experience of working on multiple projects simultaneously
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords:formulation, product development, R&D, formulation chemist, development chemist, chemistry, chemist, development, develop, R&D, research & development, formulate, formulating, coating, oil, lubricant, fluid, dielectric
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2158497
- Updated: 9th January 2021
- Expires: 6th February 2021