An innovate young start-up business that has recently acquired a major round of investment is currently recruiting for a Head of Product Development to its team based in Cambridge. The business focuses on a natural alternative to plastic, stemming from plant-based protein - a first of its kind in industry. As Head of Product Development, you will lead authority on technical research projects relating to FMCG and food applications - whilst having the ability to play a vital role in customer engagement.
Head of Product Development Responsibilities
- Oversee and lead product development projects for personal care and food applications - which will have a strong focus on films and microcapsules. Provide scientific input where necessary and act as technical expert on NPD.
- Lead, manage and motivate a small team of scientists with the ambition to actively recruit into this team and increase headcount.
- Identify trends, new product formats and direct team accordingly. Ability to create reports and provide technical feedback to the wider team/management.
- Be at the forefront of client enquiries - providing first-class technical feedback and ensure requirements are considered during the development phase.
- Lead customer engagement from product development perspective to identify needs and products the company can supply, supporting the Business Development Manager.
Head of Product Development Requirements
- You must possess a degree level qualification in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or closely related field of study.
- Strong industrial experience gained within the FMCG market - this will include new product development/innovation on materials applied to home/personal care or food products.
- Ideally hold experience in biobased films (or packaging solutions) and microencapsulation (bio-based or synthetic).
- Understands the sustainable materials market, can identify upcoming trends and opportunities - which will steer the business on future product development assignments.
- Extensive experience acting as Manager or Team Leader - with the ability to direct and motivate a team of highly qualified Research Scientists.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels.
In return, there is a real opportunity for the successful candidate to join a progressive business who are leading the way on innovation and development of alternative plastic materials. This will be coupled with a very competitive package including company share options and rapid growth.
Head of Product Development/Microencapsulation/Innovation/FMCG/Materials Science/Bioplastics/Films
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6714
- Updated: 11th January 2021
- Expires: 8th February 2021