The Stack Manufacturing Engineer will be focused on supporting and developing all Fuel Cell Stack products and processes, whilst working as part of a cross functional team including Mechanical Engineering, Quality, Health and Safety, Test and Systems.
This role will work closely with Mechanical Engineering to be instrumental in the development of new Stack designs. Ensuring Design for Manufacture and supporting development builds for verification tests, feeding back on improvements required and driving those changes forward into design released products.
The Stack Manufacturing Engineer will develop processes to the budget and time constraints required, working with suppliers to specify and procure equipment where necessary. Keeping in mind the capability for in-house Engineering solutions to reduce overall cost at all times. They will plan the installation and commissioning of equipment and validate its adherence to the design specification, carrying out capability studies and equipment verification to ensure process control.
The successful candidate will need the ability to assist in specifying plant layout, materials flow, process improvements, error proofing and up scaling to new and existing manufacturing sites. Ensuring that customer plants are adhering to all Manufacturing and Design standards when building the product.
Stack Manufacturing Engineer Key Accountabilities:
- Production Engineering support of fuel cell stack manufacturing.
- Organise parts, building and paperwork for prototypes builds.
- Interface with mechanical engineering, test and systems.
- Develop current manufacturing processes.
- Assist in the specification and procurement of new equipment.
- Assist in the design and development of production intent tooling and fixtures.
- Provide support for manufacturing operations.
- Liaise with manufacturing operations and research and development to solve problems.
- Ensure equipment performs within the expected ranges of performance, troubleshooting those that do not.
- Creating and editing Work Instruction documents for assembly processes.
- Acquisition of new equipment, including planning for delivery and commissioning.
- Support of customer programs and JDA's.
Stack Manufacturing Engineer Skills and Experience Required:
- Hands-on engineer.
- BEng/MEng Mechanical Engineering or relevant field.
- Aptitude for both Mechanical and Electrical work.
- Ability to work closely with production technicians to train and fine tune processes.
- Time management and organisational skills.
- Advanced MS Office Skills.
- Able to work with multiple discipline projects.
- Decision making ability.
- Technical understanding.
Highly desirable skills & experience:
- Experienced Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering.
- Automated production line design and build.
- Experience of implementing lean manufacturing processes.
- Confidence and ability to programme production equipment (laser welding, vision systems).
- Experience in machining techniques (lathe, mill & CNC).
- Experience with PFMEA, DFA, DFM, DRBFM activities.
- Operator time studies and process writing.
- VA/NVA analysis.
Salary: £. Competitive + Benefits - 25 days' annual leave - Contributory pension scheme (2% by employee, 6% by the company, with the option to increase to 3% and 8% respectively) - Life Assurance scheme at 4x gross annual salary.
If you are a forward-thinking individual with a passion for the environment and want to make a difference to the future, then get in touch with Gareth with your CV.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6733
- Posted: 8th January 2021
- Expires: 5th February 2021