This role will focus on developing new manufacturing methods to satisfy R&D demand as well as delivering process capability for high-volume manufacturing. Working in close collaboration with the Energy Materials, Advanced Engineering and Test teams, the successful candidate will be required to ensure a range of stakeholder requirements are addressed as well as achieving demanding technical performance and process cost targets.
The role will require a significant amount of hands-on development work involving a range of novel deposition, sintering, laser technology, assembly, and inspection techniques. The successful candidate will support process development from early proof-of-concept trials through to validated high volume production.
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Key Accountabilities:
- Delivery of new processes through the development life cycle that achieve required performance metrics (KPI's). This candidate will support all relevant fundamental process and material systems development as well as manual part production, supporting progression through increasing levels of automation as process maturity is improved.
- Ability to build on existing skills and knowledge, further developing fundamental knowledge as required to identify, develop, and implement new and novel processes to allow the delivery of robust, cost effective volume capable production solutions for a variety of applications.
- Ability to engage effectively with the wider Manufacturing, Advanced Engineering, Test and Energy Materials team to deliver against agreed project targets.
- Critically assess equipment performance making clear recommendations for improvements and driving implementation plans to achieve volume, yield, and cost targets.
- Assist in the design and development of process equipment tooling and fixtures.
- Research and propose new potential processes/technologies.
- Specify and implement new equipment and tooling to improve processes.
- Assist in the acquisition of new equipment, including planning for delivery and commissioning.
- Ensure equipment operates within the expected ranges of performance with ability to diagnose underperformance and propose and implement strategies to achieve performance targets.
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree level education in relevant Engineering discipline (or equivalent industrial experience)
- Previous direct experience working in an Advanced Manufacturing Engineering role and Advanced Manufacturing Techniques
- A background in either Additive Manufacturing, Advanced Robotics, Laser Processing, Deposition or Sintering technologies is desirable.
- Ability to formulate test schedules and experiments to achieve agreed goals (experience with DOE techniques is desirable)
- Experience of lean manufacturing environments.
- Use of 6-Sigma tools in production engineering.
Salary: £. Competitive + Benefits - 25 days' annual leave - Contributory pension scheme (2% by employee, 6% by the company, with the option to increase to 3% and 8% respectively) - Life Assurance scheme at 4x gross annual salary.
If you are a forward-thinking individual with a passion for the environment and want to make a difference to the future, then get in touch with Gareth with your CV.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6732
- Posted: 8th January 2021
- Expires: 5th February 2021