An opportunity has arisen for an experienced quality assurance engineer to join a specialist scientific instrument manufacturer at its facility in Surrey. As a senior QA engineer you will play a key role in driving root cause analysis, implementing corrective actions and developing robust best practice quality systems within the manufacturing and assembly departments.
To be successful as a senior QA engineer you should hold an engineering degree, demonstrate in-depth knowledge of ISO regulations inc. 9001, 17025 & 14001 and possess previous experience working as a QA or Quality engineer within a commercial manufacturing environment.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Manage, monitor and maintain quality systems across the manufacturing and assembly areas.
- Support the Quality systems in place - plan, conduct and report internal audits as per the audit schedule for ISO9001, ISO17025 and ISO14001
- Management and processing of Non-Conforming materials, lead the Material Review Board process, with the implementation of corrective actions and handling / close-out of non-conformities.
- Management and operation the concession process as well as full participation in the ECR system
- Monitor the sub-contract suppliers for product quality and compliance. Conduct supplier audits and report findings and recommendations to the stakeholders in the business
- Manage the customer specific requirements and offer technical support to fulfil customer enquiries.
- Support inspection and testing as defined by both internal quality procedures and external documentation such as international standards and regulations.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Requirements:
- In depth knowledge of ISO9001 & an understanding of ISO17025 and ISO14001.
- Possess previous experience working as a QA or Quality engineer within a commercial manufacturing environment.
- Hold an engineering degree in a relevant discipline.
- Competent knowledge of measurement systems, dimensional, pressure, temperature, tolerances etc.
- Understanding and interpretation of 2D and 3D engineering drawings.
- Strong understanding of cost and financial impacts and able to relate quality issues and commercial pressures.
Salary: £38 000 - £40 000 + Benefits - 25 Days Holiday + Banks - Company Pension Contribution
If you have the skills and requirements we are looking for then get in touch with Gareth at Cranleigh Scientific with your CV.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6694
- Posted: 7th January 2021
- Expires: 4th February 2021